03 February, 2007

Introduction: updated

Hi, let me give you a little bit of background on what this blog is about. I was born with cerebral palsy. As many of you familiar with that know, it can impact fine motor skills. For those unfamiliar with CP, it's a brain injury that results from the lack of oxygen (usually at birth, though not always) so the only difference between me and a politician is that I admit that I have brain damage :-)! As I hope this blog demonstrates however, this injury did not impact my intelligence or communication skills. Actually, I think truth be told, it's more likely that due to my physical limitations caused by CP I really had to learn to communicate well with others because my mouth unlike many areas of my body, actually works nearly as advertised :-).

Like a lot of people in my situation, technology holds the key to helping me overcome any limitations or as I like to call them, inconveniences that provide good humor, brought about by my CP. As someone who worked as a computer consultant, I have a very unique perspective on technology. I am Not writing a computer Manual. I'm not here to provide technical support. So please don't write me asking" how does this work or do you know why xy or Z doesn't work? I do not know your particular setup. There are hundreds of variations when it comes to hardware and software interplay. What I'm here to do is to share my thoughts on technology in the amusing way. I'll give you my thoughts on what's going on in the tech world as it relates to my own brand of humor and way of looking at the world. Although I occasionally get frustrated by my physical limitations at times, I do really enjoy the wisdom and humor my cerebral palsy has given to me. I hope you will too. I always write colored by these experiences. I hope this will prove refreshing and informative for those of you kind enough to read this blog. You will hopefully discover for yourselves that although I Physical balance, :-) my views on technology are balanced. Remember, I'm sharing my experiences and thoughts. I recognize that these may not be yours, but that's why I emphasize that these are My thoughts. See, my blog, my thoughts :-)? Really neat how that works. :-) At the same time, if there's something going on in the technology world that impacts you personally that you'd like my thoughts on or my opinion of, feel free to let me know. It's my intent to keep this as lighthearted as possible. I will not argue that one company's better over another. I will not argue that one operating system is better over another. I will however, discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each of these things for me personally. I hope this proves helpful and enjoyable to you. Be sure to check back often even on entries you've already read. In an effort to provide the most accurate and up to date information possible, I will frequently update and revise existing entries.
Thank you, you're a wonderful audience :-)